Baoba – Fintech
What it is:
Baoba offers a personalized, geodata-driven, and automated on-demand insurance service. It provides insurance products that can adapt to customers’ habits and lifestyles.
There are three primary products:
- Baoba CONNECT: a unified platform and global marketplace that connects users to a fully integrated suite of protection products via a Plug’n’Play solution
- Baoba GO: a 360° customer dashboard for insurances and ancillaries that enables users to access a dashboard full of personalized, value-add services, automated insurances, and ancillaries
- Baoba TECH: insurance technology that can be licensed
The company has an international team located across the world spanning Hungary, Italy, Turkey, France, Costa Rica, and the United States.
Who Made It?
Baoba was co-founded in 2022 by CEO Kata Ludvig. The company is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario.
Ludvig has worked at various Fortune 500 companies, including Mercedes, Red Bull, and Walt Disney. She co-founded BankZee, a family banking solution for Generation Zers and their parents. She then led Flight Refund as CEO, a legal aid solution for travelers and also consulted for location intelligence and deeptech company Datapolis.
- The company joined The DMZ in August 2022 and received $25K in funding.
- The company raised an undisclosed amount of venture funding from Granpool in January 2022.
Why we like it:
- Founder has Fortune 500 experience and has previously co-founded and lead other startups.
- Being smart about partnerships – the company recently announced a partnership with Blink Parametrics to roll-out a flight-delay solution
- Personalized, geodata-driven insurance
Did you know?
The insurtech market has skyrocketed globally, projected to reach nearly $138Bn by 2030. Read more including an interview with Baoba founder here.