Vizio Sense – IoT
What it is:
Vizio Sense offers sensors with onboard artificial intelligence and computer vision to enable Smart Cities, Buildings, and Industries. Images are analyzed at the edge – taking advantage of AI chips and deep learning to be respectful of privacy.
Their solutions include a range of embedded computer vision applications that include:
- VizioParkTM – Allows users to monitor vacancy of parking spaces. VizioParkTM detects availabilities using AI software on the sensor and does not require a sensor in each parking space.
- VizioCountTM – Enables users to quantitatively and qualitatively count people or objects. It can be used for density management, inventory management, security purposes, or analytics.
- VizioSense AI Lab – The Lab consists of a research team that is developing new, more efficient applications of AI and computer vision.
Who Made It?
Vizio Sense was co-founded in 2020 by Maxine Schacht (current CEO & President) and Jichen Jiang and is based in Lille, France. The company was created within Alacrity’s (an angel capital investment firm) venture builder with the aim to bring privacy-by-design computer vision sensors to life.
- The company closed on €850K of an undisclosed targeted amount of venture funding led by Alacrité in August 2022. Dennis Brenndörfer, Wesley Clover, Carlo Posing, Lionel Pelamourgues and other undisclosed investors also participated in the round.
- The company raised $805,000 of venture funding led by Alacrité in February 2021. Dennis Brenndörfer, Lionel Pelamourgues, Wesley Clover, Carlo Posing, Raouti Chehih and other undisclosed investors also participated in the round.
Why we like it:
- Images are analyzed at the edge – which helps protect privacy
- Backed by leading incubator & acceleration programs as well as prominent global advisors and investors
Did you know?
According to a Grand View Research report, the global computer vision market size was valued at $11.22B in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.0% from 2022 to 2030.