Periodically, Venadar releases “First View” reports that are a high-level introduction to show how we showcase the opportunities and targeted solutions within industry categories. These reports include an overview of challenges facing the category, high level trends, and we feature the most promising startups. Let’s take a look back at our January 2021 report on the Future of Retail to see how the startups we profiled have fared.
In the 10 months since we released the Retail First View, here’s what’s happened to some of our recommended startups since our initial report:
The first category, Shopper & Intelligence Personalization featured 9 startups. Of those:
- Cherrypick – Acquired by 100.co
- Unspun – received $7.5M in seed funding
- Butlr. – received $7.44M in seed funding
- PersonifyXP – joined the Pax Momentum accelerator and received $50K in funding
- Fitted – received $4.6M in seed funding
The second featured category, Future of the Retail worker, also featured 9 startups. Of those:
- Radar – received $15M in venture funding
- Strivr – received undisclosed Series C funding
- Pensa – received $11M Series A
Finally, the Optimized E-Commerce segment featured 10 brands. Of those:
- Zigzag – acquired by Global Blue for €66.4M (~$76.7M)
- Bolt – received $393M in Series D funding
- Yuansfer – received $3M in a combination of Seed, Seed-1, and Seed-2 funding
- Singuli – received $3.7M in a combination of Seed-1 and Seed-2 funding
Collectively, out of 28 featured startups, 2 were acquired and 10 others raised almost $446M in funding. That’s just in the 11 months since we profiled the category, but it shows that Venadar will find the most promising startups to directly address strategic gaps and help our clients move into the future with targeted innovation efforts. And just because one of the companies we profiled hasn’t been acquired or invested in over the past 10 months, doesn’t mean that it might not be a great strategic partner for you.
To view the full Retail First View (and all other categories) visit venadar.com/insights. Contact us today to see how we can create a strategic and customized landscape that addresses your innovation needs.